Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Service Provider will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Port scanning, probes, data capture, denial of service, access of restricted systems.
- Attempted access of systems not previously given access to.
- Anything deemed "hacking" or "cracking" to the systems, network or users.
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, including any attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (hacking, cracking, port scans, or flood pings).
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic.
- Interfering with service to any user, host, system, or network.
- Conducting denial of service attacks.
- Any attempt to disrupt service including, but not limited to, distributing or introducing viruses, worms, or other harmful software.
- Access by using artificial means, involving software, programming, or any other method.